Sunday, February 5, 2012


These photos show the wetland preservation that has inspired my nature collections box.  It is completely surrounded by highways and strip malls.  Now the remainder of my piece will be dedicated to finding and telling this lake's history as well as the huge house and barn that are nearby.  I just saw that the house and barn are up for development, so the lake will be surrounded by even more by man-made goodness.  Any suggestions out there as to how I could find out the history of this house as well as when the lake was built?  I put a call into the local parks and recreation department, but I'm not sure how much they will know.  I was thinking for my mini-books inside the box I would like to just have one dedicated to this places history (newspaper articles, or just records that I find) Crazy I feel like a detective!  Have a great week making art and reading art theory!

No comments:

Post a Comment