Sunday, July 8, 2012

I decided that my hazel artwork needed some character...so it's time to burn baby burn!


Despite my facials in these pics, this process made me feel really tough. I can't wait to burn more! :)

This is what it looked like after I washed the ash off, I really like how clear the drawing is and just the overall sheen of the wood.  I am hoping to find a finish that will help it to stay like this...any ideas Naomi's Nookers?  Lemon oil?

Battle wounds...I of course forgot how hot it was when I tried to move it:(

  The burning created some really nice dark areas for me to carve back into...it definately has been a slow process...will show the finished product once I finally get it done. 


 




1 comment:

  1. Getting wild over there in Ireland !! I hear people in the US talking about that wood you got their.

    ReplyDelete