This is the start of my natural journal. I've decided to keep track of what I'm collecting and also use that nature in the paper that I make behind it. So this is what is looks like with the text on top of the paper...I'm thinking I like it here in this context, but will not be adding it to the photos of the house and lake.
Yeah, it seems like it needs to be its own thing - not part of the other work. I love that you're using a part of your practice to learn more about the nature you're working with. As you catalog the things you find, look into whether or not the plant (or other item) is used for any specific purpose in manufacturing, medicine, food, etc. - another extension of the relationship of nature to our present moment in time.
ReplyDeleteThis work shares a kinship with Audubon's work (which is so remarkable). His intent was primarily to document what he found in the world. Yours seems slightly different - there's a personal investment that's different. May be a good thing to think about...
J